Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: Geo Crystal WI-A12 Aqua Blue Circle Lens

These are my Geo Crystal WI-A12 lenses that I bought from solution-lens.com. I actually got these for free because I bought two pairs, so that is a really good deal.




As for the lenses.... yeah, I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I picked these. I mean... I knew full well that Geo lenses tend to be bigger (due to a larger portion of the lens being colored) and that 15mm is huge to begin with. And this blue.. is so... aqua. It's a pretty shade, but its just so unnatural.
Honestly, I think my mentality was that since my eyecolor tends to just soak up color and make any lens look really dark, that I better go for the biggest, brightest blue out there.




So here is the stock photo and description from solution-lens.com:



  • Diameter 15.0 mm
  • Water content 38-42%
  • Base curve 8.7
  • 1 year disposable (recommended use for 4-6 months)
  • Packaged in sterile buffered saline
  • FDA and EU approved contact lenses
  • Ophthalmologists and optical shops certified
  • Buy without prescription
  • Perfect for both dark and light colored eyes

And here's how it looks on me:

















Well first of all, the girl in the stock photo is clearly wearing the lenses inside-out. That's actually my only point here. Moving on....

color:

It's... definitely colored! I'm not sure I did the best job of selecting this shade of blue for my coloring, but I can't really blame Geo for my skin-tone now, can I? Anyways, if you're looking for an aqua-blue lens, this is an aqua-blue lens. What you see is what you get. I actually wish all of Geo's colors were this true and vibrant.


color: 10/10







 design:


Personally, I am not a huge fan of this design. I've seen it look nice and crystal-y on others, but on me, the pattern just looks segmented and disconnected. It kind of resembles the pattern that an artist might give to doll-eyes. The pupil hole is ginormous.. which I don't like. I am also decidedly not a fan of the size. Note to self: 15mm is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too big!!!!!!!!! This would actually be a terrific lens if I ever had the occasion to dress up as a barbie doll. If you plan on ever trying to recreate the barbie doll look, you need this lens!!!

design: 6/10



barbie makeup!

comfort:

I tend to find Geo lenses a bit less comfortable than other brands, but only initially. These ones actually were pretty good. No initial discomfort, no sliding. They kind of feel like a comfy blanket over my eyes because they are so big. I get the sense that they could feel suffocating later on, but I can't really say how they would be after several hours because I only had them on for the duration of this photo shoot. I am *not* ready to wear these babies out in public lol!

comfort: 9/10





enlargement:

... It's.... pretty freaking huge. 

enlargement: 12/10





 some final thoughts overall: 


 This lens doesn't really work for me personally, just because I don't really do much cosplay, I don't gravitate towards the "dolly" look, and I prefer lenses that are a lot more natural in terms of size and diameter. These also require a lot of makeup to look... human, and I am not a fan of wearing tons of makeup. But if you like to dress up and wear falsies and look like a dolly, these lenses would be awesome! It's actually kind of a cool and unique design- I just wish it looked better on me. I'll have to find some excuses to wear this. And maybe experiment with some false lashes...

overall: 7/10















Check out my other favorites:



Dueba Barbie Aloha Violet:





http://www.solution-lens.com/dueba-barbie-queen-aloha-series-violet-contact-lens-noticeable-violet-color-delicate-black-ring.html




find the review here:

find the review here:


find the review here:


find the review here:
















2 comments:

  1. My favorite shop also ! I wonder why people pay more on other shops that do not offer free pairs ? Are they stupid ????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol so true!
      Though I think a lot of people that need prescription shop at other stores so they don't have to order 5 pairs. But thankfully I just need plano, and I've definitely been really happy with solution-lens. Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete