Friday, May 24, 2013

Review: Desio Mint Touch

This is kind of a review in progress- one of the lenses I got ended up being defective. But I thought I'd start the review anyways as the color is very pretty, and I though I ought to show the defect as this seems to be fairly common for Desio.

So as for the defect, you can see that the iris color is so off-center, it actually overlaps the limbal ring on one side. Unfortunately, these lenses are so light, it was really hard to see anything without removing them from their packaging. The limbal ring was pretty easy to spot, but since that was centered perfectly, it looked like the lens was perfect until I opened the blister.

Defective lens pictured on left



Anyways, moving on to the actual lens:

color


As you can see in the pictures, the color off the eye is a light minty blue. On the website it is advertised as light green. But plainly, it is not green. On my eyes, the color is baby blue with sea green undertones. Luckily, I found reviews of this color, and knew what I was getting, otherwise I might be pretty unhappy. On that note, I still hate false advertising. The models clearly have color photoshopped onto their eyes rather than actually wearing the lens in pictures. That's an excellent way to get me to dock points, regardless of how pretty the color is.





taken from www.desiolens.com

color: 8/10

Dueba Tony Gray on left, Desio Mint Touch on right


design:

Same design as the Dueba Barbie Tonies which I love. Only difference is that Desio has many more colors, and I do loves mah colors... This design is beautiful both up close and from a distance. It is vibrant, but natural and well-blended. My only criticisms iare that the printed diameter could stand to be a mm or two bigger, and the limbal ring could be darker.

design: 9/10

comfort:

These stung quite a bit. Even after an 8hr soak in solution. I rinsed and rubbed and soaked again and again, but for whatever reason, these have an initial sting that none of my circle lenses seem to have. It goes away after a few minutes, so they are still wearable. As for how long, I cannot tell you because I have only one lens atm.

comfort: ... so/so?



overall:

I guess I should wait until I have a complete pair to really give these an overall judgment, but I have a strong feeling I am going to like these lenses :)

Dueba Tony Gray on left, Desio Mint Touch on right

11 comments:

  1. Nice contacts! I'm an aussie who set up a contact lenses store out of Hong Kong (yes its the cheapest place to buy contacts).

    Would appreciate you checking out our website: ContactsCow.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question about desio vs dueba tony ..what are the diameters and base curves of each and which brand is more comfortable ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the Desio diameter is 13.8 with a bc of 8.6. The Duebas claim to have a diameter of 14.5, but they are lying and have nearly the same diameter as the Desio, with a bc of 8.6.

      The Duebas are more comfortable initially (but just the tiniest bit), but the Desios feel more breathable and thus are more comfortable to wear for a long period of time.

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
    2. What website do you use to buy Duebas?

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for replying and for all the info..I've recently ordered the Tony's cause of your blog and I can't wait to see how they look on me eek hopefully they're comfy ..I've been wearing freshlooks and adores bi tones ..can't wait they look beautiful on you .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own 5 pair of desios thy look totally real @ the pupil hole blends @ is note a snake eye dot like wiacons. Which I ordered @ will not wear to creepy looking @ the dot will not stay centered at all. Thy were 34.00 for all but I think thy raised the price to 54.00 for all. I ordered innocent white @ can't wait to see how thy look on my brown eyes I hope its a powder blue. Those contacts came very fast 6 days from italy. I love them but wish thy would not have uped the price. I own wiacons @ solotica @ these by far are the very best looking. Buy them you will not be sorry you did, thy look grat on brown eyes. The smokey gray blend so good with pupil hole you can't even see the brown even up close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never got a defected desio contact but I did receive a defected wiacon @ wiacons look super fake @ I orded hydrocor azul from lensmarket.com paid 65.00 thy never changed my brown eye at all. I ask to exchange them 4 hydrocharm azul azul but thy won't do it, I won't even wear them @ there website sait hydrocor azul was the darkest of that line. Don't order them if you got brown eyes thy will Not give you a blue color at all don't waste your money at lensmarket place.com. go to mr.lens thy are more money but thy have the true blue hydrocor azul color. Heads up the desios are the best @ even price my favorite is all but my smokey gray is my favorite but I wear them all have not got my innocent white yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm pam stone I read my own review @ I think I didn't make something clear the desios are 34.00 but ithink thy uped there price to 54.00 for all thy came in 6 days from italy. The wiacons which look horrible with that dot pupil that keeps moving then you look cross eyed my husband said thy looked weird @ creepy. Thy took 2 months to get here @ I will not wear them 65.00 wasted do your reserch before you order wiacons. Everyone looking 4 a beautiful color natural contact go with desios, you will not be dissapointed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Thanks for your wonderful reviews on colored contacts. I just wanted to ask your opinion on which company you would recommend (Desio or Duebas) regarding comfort and how natural-looking they are? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi
    I ordered desio mint touch and in my case they look grey ( I barely notice a blueish), i have hazel eyes

    I like desio but the fact that they only last 3 months ..makes me :(

    I risked to shop dueba tony and ordered golden ( brown), in my case they give off a light hazel colour ( similar to mine but lighter and maybe some more tending to a subtle greenish) , which I rather like..I feel them comfy

    I wasted lots of money on different Solotica colours, and got finally disappointed because the ended up making harm in my eyes, they irritated my eyes..besides some colours in Solotica are too fake, i dont mean the design, since it is a good design, but the colours as Ice, crystal, Quartz on my hazel eyes look as white, vampylike..the Topazio hidro is too bright, ..the worst was they hurt my eyes extremly bad!

    I like dueba tony and desio, but dueba is cheaper and last longer, i ma gonna try the greyish

    ReplyDelete