Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review: Bella Green Envy

I saw these lenses on a couple of other people's reviews, and I thought they looked awesome. Light, definitely green, and completely natural looking.

Well, apparently my eyes just like to absorb color, so they pretty much look dark brownish-green on me. To be honest, I think I'm pretty underwhelmed by the color, but I have to admit I am amazed by how natural these look. I actually have a teeny bit of green (very very dark) in my eyes, so these lenses totally look like eyes that I could easily have been born with.

















Since these are my first non-circle lens, I had to branch out and try a new site other than my beloved solution-lens. This site, called http://www.designereyelenses.com, has these Bella lenses for only $20. That's still more expensive than solution-lens's buy-2-get-1-free deal, but really not bad at all. Actually, this site was rather pleasant to do business with. No huge selection, and the stock photos are crap, and they do not feature reviews. But the prices are right, the owner is helpful and nice, and the shipping was very fast (not to mention free).
Incidentally, Dueba makes this same design in what they call the Lolita 3-tone series, so I may have to try some of those eventually.


Anyways onto my review:

color:
Like I said, a bit disappointing, mostly because it is so dark. I tend to favor colors that are a lot more vibrant, such as the turquoise-green of my Dueba Tiny Puffies. These are a much more natural-looking olive green color, which I certainly do not hate. I just find them.. underwhelming.
indoor light-no flash
indoor light with flash

color: 6/10






design:

The design on these is beautiful! I haven't gone for a lens with a colored sunburst for quite a long time, because they usually give me a fake wall-eyed look. Well these have completely restored my faith in 3-tone designs. I think it's because the sunburst doesn't completely encircle the pupil hole. The color is added sparingly to mix better with the green, rather than overpower it. The effect is incredibly natural, even up close. Also, I love the natural looking limbal ring, and the teeny tiny pixellation.




design: 10/10


comfort:

The right lens= perfectly comfy. Feels like I'm wearing nothing!
Left lens= also perfectly comfy, except for this very annoying tendency to slide whenever I blink while looking up or to the sides. Grrr....


comfort: 8/10






















Well here's some more pics. I'm a little sad they don't look obviously green, but see for yourself:

under normal light, my eyes still really dark







window light- if they looked like this all the time, I'd be one happy lens-addict

1 comment:

  1. do you have club penguin if so is your name bellababy674

    ReplyDelete