Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review: Geo Color Nine Wine Red

I have always been attracted to red lenses, but I feel like the bright red ones are well, a bit too overstated. And maybe too "twighlight-y." But then I saw that these Geo Color Nine lenses come in this gorgeous, subtle, wine red color, and I simply had to have a pair.






I ordered from solution-lens.com, which is an awesome website. They are super helpful, have a great selection, and they have this awesome buy-2-get-1-free deal. Plus, they sent me the most adorable freaking pen ever!



Well anyways, I guess you are probably more concerned about the lenses. Even though the pen freaking has ears... and a nose.... and each ear clicks for either blue or black ink... Right, moving along here...



Alright, so here is the stock photo and description from solution-lens.com:






  • Diameter 14.2 mm
  • Water content 38-42%
  • Base curve 8.6
  • 1 year disposable (recommended use for 4-6 months)
  • Packaged in sterile buffered saline
  • FDA and EU approved contact lenses
  • Ophthalmologists and optical shops certified
  • Buy without prescription
  • Perfect for both dark and light colored eyes


  • They don't look that dark in real life (luckily). Go figure that the one time Geo actually advertises a lens that looks very very dark, the lenses actually turn out vibrant. And they look exactly the way it's advertised on the lower picture (the one where it's just showing an eye, which I assume is how the lenses are supposed to look on light eyes)

    Anyways, I only got these lenses after seeing how awesome and vibrant the aqua color looked on another review (thanks ♥ Noxin ♥).


    color:

    Beautiful color. It is just the deep, sexy, wine red I was hoping for. Understated and not over-the-top. I am still contemplating if these are subtle enough to wear to work/school. I would wear them out at night, but they are pretty dark and hard to see at night. In any case, the color is exactly as I was hoping.

    color: 10/10



    design:

    Simple design- nothing too exotic. The limbal ring is perfect on these- thick and dark enough to be noticeable and make the color stand out, but not so thick and solid that it looks completely fake. It also has a little black around the pupil hole which makes the color blend into my pupils so I don't get that annoying bulbous/wall-eyed look.



    design: 10/10








    comfort:

    They are actually very comfortable. I actually forgot I had these in at one point. Because the pupil hole is pretty tight, my vision is slightly outlined in red. This doesn't bother me in the least. I actually find the effect pretty cool. Still, I feel like I should deduct a point for that...

    comfort: 9/10


    yeahhhh cliche vampire makeup!!!!





    enlargement:

    I typically find Geo lenses to be bigger than other brands. Their pigments usually extend closer to the edge of the lens verses other brands, which is rather annoying to me. These lenses however, are 14.2mm and they actually look it. They do not particularly enlarge. Oh well. I will not be shedding any tears over that.

    enlargement: 4/10



    my thoughts overall:

    Ohhhhhhhh my gosh, this is my first Geo lens that I actually love and am not even remotely in the least bit disappointed with. In fact, this is my first Geo ever to make it out of the 8/10 overall range. Hoorah! Maybe I won't have to ban Geo from my lens collection! 
    Anyways, aside from my slight conundrum of whether or not I can wear these out, and where/when, I have really no issues with these lenses. Color is ridonkulously sexy, comfort is great, design looks natural. Yeah, these are pretty much awesome!

    overall: 10/10



    here's some more vampire pics:

    see I gots teeths too V""V



    I'm a evil vampire rawr!





    Other awesome lenses:

    Bella Green Envy:















    review coming soon!





    find the review here:







    Dueba Barbie Aloha Violet:





    http://www.solution-lens.com/dueba-barbie-queen-aloha-series-violet-contact-lens-noticeable-violet-color-delicate-black-ring.html




    find the review here:

    find the review here:


    find the review here:


    find the review here:




    3 comments:

    1. Oh cool-- glad you like the Wine Reds! They definitely straddle the line between natural/subtle and eye-catching. <33. Most everyone that gets these likes 'em~.

      And yes to vampire-y looks! Love the intense wing with your liner, here. :]

      (I have a review for the Deep Reds coming up, and THOSE are *definitely* the crazy cousin to these Wine/Deep Reds. Haha.)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks! I can't wait to see the deep reds on you! I've seen them on others and they look amazing. I actually may have to break down and get those eventually, but this wine red is me sticking my toe in the water of red irises.

      ReplyDelete
    3. do you have club penguin if so is your name on it bellababy674

      ReplyDelete