Friday, April 5, 2013

Review: Dueba Barbie A11 Yellow Brown

These are my lovely Dueba A11 yellow brown lenses, which I purchased from solution-lens.com (who are always super helpful and super inexpensive). 
After trying my Tonys and Alohas and Geolicas in all kinds of bright colors, I felt like I wanted something that wasn't quite such a dramatic change. After all, I really do love having warm, rich brown eyes. Sometimes, I just want to make them look prettier- but not really different. So I ordered these A11 yellow browns, and they did not disappoint!


color:


As you can see, they are kind of orangey in the bottle. Similar to the Tony browns, but on the eye, they are much darker.

They pretty much look golden brown on my eyes. They don't really change my natural color at all. I was a little bit worried that these might take on a yellowy-green color as brown lenses often do, but these stayed really warm and rich looking. 
The aspect which I reeeeeeally love is the limbal ring. Instead of being a fake-looking solid black line, Its this lovely chocolate brown outline which looks natural, yet defining. To me, this is wayyyyy better than other circle lenses with the defining black ring that just makes your eyes look darker.

Unfortunately, the difference is very hard to detect in photographs. In real life, they make my eyes look brighter, more alert, and very sweet-looking. Sorry if its hard to see in the pictures, but... just trust me on this one ;)

color: 10/10

comparison: left eye with A11 lens, right eye au naturel




design:

They say they are similar to Soloticas... ehhh.... not really. They don't really add color, and the pigment comes nowhere near your pupil... The only thing that is similar is the superb blending. Then again, the color is so close to my natural color that not much blending is needed. Anyways, I don't think the comparison is necessary- to me, this isn't a color-changing lens like Soloticas, this is a natural looking circle lens. Better than a circle lens, because it brightens the color too. Also, I find that I have to wear very little makeup with this lens. In fact, it actually looks prettier with almost no makeup.


design: 10/10



enlargement:

These are large enough to give that innocent doe-eyed look (especially with the chocolate brown limbal ring), but still small enough to be believable. I use these strictly an enlarging lens, and I find them absolutely perfect. I wear these out during the day, at school and at work. If you are looking for the huge anime eyes look, these would probably be too small.

enlargement: 10/10

another comparison: left eye with A11 lens, right eye au naturel

comfort:

I found these comfortable initially, but they seem to get dry a bit quicker than other lenses. I find I have to use drops around the fourth hour. It's not horrible, just kind of a shame because these are the lenses I like to wear the most often (well it might be a toss-up between my Tiny Puffies). Anyways...

comfort: 9/10



overall:

Love, love, love these lenses!!!!! I would recommend these to anyone with any shade of brown or even hazel eyes, just to brighten, enlarge, and add a very natural-looking, defining limbal ring.

overall: 10/10

both lenses in



Check out my other favorites from Solution-Lens.com:

Geo Crystal WI-A12 Aqua Blue:











http://www.solution-lens.com/geo-crystal-wi-a124-aque-blue-colored-contact-lenses-best-vivid-lens-eyes-fashion-all-seasons.html

review coming soon!


Dueba Barbie Aloha Violet:





http://www.solution-lens.com/dueba-barbie-queen-aloha-series-violet-contact-lens-noticeable-violet-color-delicate-black-ring.html




find the review here:

find the review here:


find the review here:


find the review here:






2 comments:

  1. This shop is my favorite because of the free pair they give with every order ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS REALLY THE BEST SHOP ON WHICH I BOUGHT CONTACT LENSES ! I recommend to all my friends.

    ReplyDelete