Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: Dueba Tiny Puffy 2 Tone Green Lenses

Allow me to introduce you to my new favorite line of circle lenses: the Dueba Tiny Puffy series. This is the green color:


As usual, I purchased these from solution-lens.com, and as usual, I received friendly, prompt customer service, great prices, and beautifully, carefully packaged lenses, as well as an adorable little gift!

So... onto the review?

color:

Why yes, it is rather aqua/turquoise looking! This color happens to be my favorite of all my lenses, despite not being what I expected at all. Having seen such lovely pictures of people wearing the Dueba Puffy (shinny 3 tone) lenses in green, I expected their 2 tone counterparts to look the same, but without the starburst. Light-colored starbursts are designed to blend, but they only blend with light colored eyes. On me, it looks like my pupil is extending out into 3D, like a lizard or a fish.
Geolica Lady green on left, Tiny Puffy green on right















So yeah, that's why I opted for the 2 tone version. The picture on solution-lens is a bit misleading. It shows a forest green lens, which is clearly just the same picture as the 3 tone Puffy, but with the yellow center photoshopped out:







In real life, the lens looks like this:




On me, it looks even turquoisier (<=my patent pending word)






You can't say that's not a completely different shade of green. Oh well. In any case, I've really been wanting an aqua/turquoise lens, but there aren't a lot of good ones out there. Too many are crazy, unnatural designs. I like crazy colors, but not crazy designs. So, this ended up being the perfectest lens for me. I'm reeeeeeally tempted to give it a full 10/10 for color, but I cannot do that in good conscience, because it was misleading. Lovely as it is.

color: 7/10

*edit: 
screw it if it's deceptive- this color is wayyy prettier than anything I could have expected. It's not what it looked like on the website, so I'm giving it an 13/10.


design:

The Puffy design is always lovely. The pixellation is barely visible, it gives enough coverage to actually change my eye color, but blends well enough to look perfectly natural. I also love that there is no black on the colored part of the lens, as this mutes the color. I think if the lens was just a little bit more pigmented, the color would show up more vibrant while still looking natural. As it is, it's pretty subtle

taken with flash

design: 8/10

comfort:

No problems to report, as is typically the case with Dueba lenses. I've worn them for more than 6 hours on several occasions. I just bring my eyedrops if its gonna be more than 6 hours.

comfort: 10/10



enlargment:

This really isn't a very important factor for me. Dueba lenses seem have a larger gap between the edge of the lens circumference and the start of the pigmentation. So a 14.5mm lens might be huge in Geo, but its pretty much natural sized in Dueba. If you want to look like a barbie, you should move right along, this lens is probably not for you.


enlargment: 6/10



indoor lighting
dim lighting

overall:

I couldn't be happier with these lenses! Everything from the color, the design, how it blends with my eyes. They look so much better than I expected!  I am told I look very exotic with these. I will definitely be trying the other colors. Next on my list: violet, gray, then brown. Not sure how I feel about the pink ones.. Also, I need to find out if its possible to get the blue in this series.

overall: 10/10


some comparison shots:

window light (morning)
indoor light
natural light
bathroom light
size comparison

And now for the camerawhoring:















Check out my other favorites from Solution-Lens.com:


Geo Crystal WI-A12 Aqua Blue:











http://www.solution-lens.com/geo-crystal-wi-a124-aque-blue-colored-contact-lenses-best-vivid-lens-eyes-fashion-all-seasons.html

review coming soon!



Dueba Barbie A11 Brown:









http://www.solution-lens.com/dueba-barbie-a11-yellow-brown-2-tone-natural-contact-lenses-cute-chocolate-ring.html

review coming soon!

Dueba Barbie Aloha Violet:





http://www.solution-lens.com/dueba-barbie-queen-aloha-series-violet-contact-lens-noticeable-violet-color-delicate-black-ring.html




find the review here:

find the review here:


find the review here:


find the review here:





No comments:

Post a Comment