Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: Dueba Barbie Aloha Violet

So these are my super-dramatic, extremely opaque Dueba Barbie Aloha Violet lenses! I love them so :)


I purchased these, as usual, from www.solution-lens.com. This site is always helpful, and they have a great selection and great prices. Highly recommended. Here is the link to the lens description:



I was a little bit wary of ordering another violet lens after my Geo Nudy Violet ones were such a disappointing color. But the description said these Aloha lenses woul be noticeable, and boy were they right! This is what they look like compared to my nudies:
left eye Dueba Aloha, right eye Geo Nudy

Now, onto the review!!

color:

Yes, they do show a very noticeable color! Both with flash and without. Plus, the color is the lovely lavender violet I have been searching for all my life. I have a very cool complexion, and these lenses are very cool-toned, so they work great. Very happy with the color!
taken with flash

color: 10/10













design:

don't mind me, I was having a weird looking day...
The design of the Alohas is very dramatic. Thick black limbal ring, and a very opaque colored center. If you look closely at colored part, it kind of looks like mesh fabric. It doesn't have the little uncolored spaces that most other lenses have, which allows your natural color to peek through and blend. This is good, because it allows for a more noticeable color, but the lens isn't translucent at all, so it definitely doesn't look natural. I wear this lens out at night for a sexy, dramatic look, but it certainly is not an every day lens.

design: 8/10

comfort: 

No problems here- Duebas never really cause me discomfort though. Even for such an opaque lens, these feel very breathable.

comfort: 10/10

enlargment:

These lenses are 14.5mm. With the help of the dark limbal ring, they are definitely enlarging. 14.5 is the largest I am willing to go. Otherwise, the lenses look alien.

left eye with lens, right eye with no lens

enlargment: 10/10








Overall:

I love these! The only problem I have with these lenses is that they do not look even remotely natural during the day. But they look gorgeous with some dark makeup for a night on the town, and the color just blows me away. So overall, I am very very pleased with my Dueba Barbie Alohas.

no makeup, no flash

overall: 9/10







Here are some of my other favorites from Solution-Lens.com:

Dueba Tiny Puffy 2 Tone Green:












http://www.solution-lens.com/dueba-barbie-tiny-puffy-2-tone-green-colored-circle-lenses-natural-style.html

review coming soon!

Geo Crystal WI-A12 Aqua Blue:











http://www.solution-lens.com/geo-crystal-wi-a124-aque-blue-colored-contact-lenses-best-vivid-lens-eyes-fashion-all-seasons.html

review coming soon!

Dueba Barbie A11 Brown:









http://www.solution-lens.com/dueba-barbie-a11-yellow-brown-2-tone-natural-contact-lenses-cute-chocolate-ring.html

review coming soon!



Dueba Barbie Tony Brown:





http://www.solution-lens.com/dueba-barbie-tony-golden-brown-single-tone-circle-contact-lenses-without-black-ring.html

find the review here:




Dueba Barbie Tony Gray:
find the review here:

find the review here:


find the review here:


find the review here:







No comments:

Post a Comment